brusque adj : marked by rude or peremptory shortness; "try to cultivate a less brusque manner"; "a curt reply"; "the salesgirl was very short with him" [syn: brusk, curt, short(p)]
- Rudely abrupt, unfriendly.
rudely abrupt, unfriendly
- Webster 1913
- "brusque" in Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] © & (P)2007 Microsoft Corporation.
- "brusque in the Wordsmyth Dictionary-Thesaurus © Wordsmyth 2002.
- "brusque" in Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary © Cambridge University Press 2007.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.
- abrupt (sudden or hasty)
Brusque can refer to:
brusque in French: Brusque
brusque in Italian: Brusque
brusque in Dutch: Brusque
brusque in Simple English: Brusque
Spartan, abbreviated, abridged, abrupt, aggressive, aposiopestic, artless, bearish, beastly, bluff, blunt, brash, brief, broad, candid, cavalier, churlish, clipped, close, close-tongued, closemouthed, compact, compendious, compressed, concise, condensed, contracted, crisp, crusty, curt, cut, direct, discourteous, docked, downright, dumb, economical of words, elliptic, epigrammatic, explicit, forthright, frank, frankhearted, free, free-speaking, free-spoken, free-tongued, genuine, gnomic, gruff, harsh, heart-to-heart, ill-mannered, impolite, indisposed to talk, ingenuous, laconic, mum, mute, open, openhearted, outspoken, overbearing, pithy, plain, plain-spoken, pointed, pruned, quiet, reserved, rough, round, rude, sententious, severe, sharp, short, short and sweet, shortened, silent, sincere, snippety, snippy, snug, sparing of words, speechless, straight, straight-out, straightforward, succinct, summary, surly, synopsized, taciturn, terse, tight, tight-lipped, to the point, tongue-tied, transparent, truculent, truncated, unchecked, uncivil, unconstrained, unequivocal, ungracious, unguarded, unloquacious, unmannerly, unreserved, unrestrained, untalkative, word-bound, wordless